- Sort by Default Order
Gait analysis shows that the Performance Breast Plate allows the horse to maintain his natural jumping shape over a a fence and move just as freely as he would without one. It is designed to prevent the saddle slipping back without restricting the horse breathing.
Developed with World Silver medallist Harry Meade to give a really close contact feeling between horse and rider. The specially-designed slimline foam panel has undergone extensive development and rigorous testing using Pliance pressure mapping and gait analysis. Scientific trials show that this design gives as much support and stability as our Performance Panel and allows the horse to flex and use his back on take-off without restriction. The Harry Meade Monoflap XC benefits from the following design details:
- The unique design and placement of the billets on this monoflap allows your saddle fitter four girthing options to fine tune the fit to your horse’s shape and movement (see Girthing Options below)
- Changeable gullet bar to allow for fluctuations in the horse’s shape throughout the season or following time off (see NB below).
- Broad channel for spine clearance.
- Deep, contoured foam under the tree points to give support and stability at the sides of the wither area.
- Smaller thigh and calf block and a more open seat than the Andrew Hoy XC saddle, which provides the rider with a feeling of more ‘space’ in the saddle.
- Covered with luxurious full-grain leather.
- Made in Walsall, England by highly skilled Master Saddlers.
The Fairfax Elias benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range (see design details below), plus the following performance-enhancing details:
- Deep rear, and slim front, gussets to provide a perfectly balanced platform for the rider on a horse with 'uphill' conformation.
- Full grain leather for an instant pre-broken-in feel, plus croc-print trim on the flap, cantle and front facing.
- The Unique design and placement of the billets gives the saddle fitter two adjustment options to fine-tune the fit to the horse’s shape and movement (see Girthing Options in the dropdown below).
- Three thicknesses of adjustable shoulder blocks allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders while allowing the horse to move freely underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Simply use the thicker block on the side with less muscle (see Adjustable Shoulder Blocks in the dropdown below).
- Surface mounted thigh blocks designed to give the rider enhanced support without restricting their position.